The Lloydminster & District United Way is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of its donors, members, employees, and other stakeholders. We value the trust of those with whom we deal, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you share with us.
During the course of our various projects and activities, we frequently gather and use personal information. People from whom we collect such information expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of this information is subject to consent. Our privacy practices are designed to achieve this.
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual, except business information and publicly available information. We maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate and up to date.
You are entitled to seek a correction of your personal information. If you believe any of the information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to change it or delete it.
From time to time, Lloydminster & District United Way may share experiences of individuals who have been helped by Lloydminster & District United Way funded partners. The information in these experiences is used only with the express permission of the individual.
Lloydminster & District United Way will not provide or share your personal information with third parties unless:
- You authorize us to share the information;
- Sharing the information is necessary to process a donation, for example, to process a credit card transaction; or,
- We are required by law.
Additionally, in the following areas, we do not share any personal information:
- Designation – Where a portion of your gift is directed to another United Way or another charity, we may provide the amount of your donation. We do not provide your name or personal information to another organization unless you request that we do so.
- Leadership Donor – United Way may publicly recognize Leadership donor names. If you prefer to remain anonymous, please indicate this in the box provided on the pledge form.
We adhere to the principles that follow.
1. Accountability: Lloydminster & District United Way is responsible for the personal information under its control. It must appoint someone to be accountable for its compliance with these fair information principles. Lloydminster & District United Way’s Privacy Officer is Teri Chaychuk.
2. Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which the personal information is collected must be identified by the organization before or at the time of collection.
3. Consent: The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
4. Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information must be limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by the organization. Information must be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Unless the individual consents otherwise or it is required by law, personal information can only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected. Personal information must only be kept as long as required to serve those purposes.
6. Accuracy: Personal information must be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible in order to properly satisfy the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards: Personal information must be protected by appropriate security relative to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness: Lloydminster & District United Way must make detailed information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information publicly and readily available.
9. Individual Access: Upon request, an individual must be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information and be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance: An individual shall be able to challenge Lloydminster & District United Way’s compliance with the above principles. Their challenge should be addressed to the Privacy Officer.
All pledge/donation forms shall include a reference to the policy:
c/o Lloydminster & District United Way
4419 52 Avenue
Lloydminster, AB T9V 0Y8